- Name and contact details of the controller responsible for the data processing
This Privacy Notice applies to the data processing in context with the use of the website www.pohl-legal.com
Attorney-at -Law Dirk Pohl
c/o LSV Rechtsanwalts GmbH
– Rhein-Main-Center –
Bockenheimer Landstr. 51 – 53
60325 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
+49 (0) 69 50 98 2 0
+49 (0) 69 50 98 2 555
- Information concerning the use of the website
- Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
When visiting the website
While you browse my website under the TLD www.pohl-legal.com (hereinafter: “website”), the browser used by you on your device automatically transmits information to the server of the hosting provider of our website. The following information is stored without any action on your part, until the time of automatic deletion:
- the IP address of the requesting computer (user);
- date, time and duration of access;
- name and URL of the requested file;
- information about the type of browser and the version used as well as the browser language;
- the operating system of the user’s computer;
- the user’s internet service provider;
- the website from which access is made (referrer URL);
- websites accessed by the user’s system via our website.
The information related to the visit of our website is temporarily stored in what is referred to as a server log file and automatically deleted within 7 days at the latest.
The abovementioned data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring smooth connection to the website;
- ensuring convenient use of our website;
- evaluation of system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal ground for the temporary storage of data and server log files is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest is based on the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data to draw conclusions about you as a person.
Both the collection of data for the purpose of providing the website and the storage of data in server log files are required for the operation of the website. Therefore, the user does not have the possibility to object to the collection and storage of data for that purpose.
- Transfer of data to third parties
We do not transfer any data to third parties for purposes other than those stated hereinafter.
We will share your personal data with third parties only if:
- you have given your explicit consent under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a of the GDPR;
- the transfer under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims and if there are no reasons to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data;
- the transfer under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c of the GDPR is based on a statutory obligation and to the extent we are permitted or required under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b of the GDPR for the purpose of processing the contractual relationship with you.
- Data subject rights
As a natural person you have the right
- to request information about the personal data processed by us (Art. 15 of the GDPR). In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to which your data was or will be disclosed, the estimated time of storage; you have a right to rectification, a right to erasure, a right to restriction of processing and a right to object to the processing of your personal data, a right to lodge a complaint, a right to obtain information about the source of your data to the extent it was not collected by us; you have the right to obtain information about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and meaningful information about the logic involved;
- to request without undue delay that inaccurate personal data stored by us be rectified, or that incomplete personal data stored by us be completed (Art. 16 of the GDPR);
- to request the erasure of the personal data stored by us (Art. 17 of the GDPR) to the extent that the processing is not necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, on grounds of public interest, or for the enforcement, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- to request the restriction of processing of your personal data (Art. 18 of the GDPR) to the extent that the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful, but you oppose the erasure of data we no longer require the data, but you require them for the enforcement, exercise or defense of legal claims, or you object to the processing under Art. 21 of the GDPR;
- to receive the personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to request that the data be transmitted to another controller (Art. 20 of GDPR);
- to withdraw at any time the consent you have once given us (Art. 7 para. 3 of the GDPR). This has the consequence that we must not continue the data processing based on this consent, and
- t to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Art. 77 of the GDPR). For this purpose, you can normally contact the supervisory authority in your habitual residence or place of work or in the domicile of our law firm.
- Right to object
Where your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interest under Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR, you have the right, under Art. 21 of the GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data, to the extent that there are grounds relating to your particular situation, or you object to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object that will be implemented by us without requiring a particular situation.
If you would like to make use of your right to withdraw or your right to object, it suffices to send an e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data security
Our website makes use of the widely used SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. This is usually a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. To find out whether any particular page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form, look for the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
Furthermore, we use appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss or destruction, and unauthorized access by third parties. Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
This post is also available in: German
Attorney-at-Law, Specialized Tax Attorney
Specialized in Customs, Tax and Foreign Trade and Payment Law
I’d be delighted to advise you!
+49-69 509 82 – 0 (receptionist)
Mon. – Fri.: 08:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Sat.: 08:00 AM to 01:00 PM